Friday, February 11, 2011

books

I never have much to blog on beside Harper and I could create a new entry about him everyday! He is my everything and I'm a very lucky Mama to have him. So I've decided to share a few of my favorite books and ones that I've read recently. I love to read and I'm always looking for a new book. A few friends of mine were in a book club but it didn't last so I thought I'd share this way instead.

the girl with the dragon tattoo series by stieg larsson
-these books are kind of dark and depressing but a very good read.

eat pray love by elizabeth gilbert
-i never saw this movie, but the book is good although it is slow, just a cute little story.

the bride quartet by nora roberts
-i have read the first 2 and need to order the next 2. 4 friends own a wedding business/love stories, great for a valentines read.

all of dan browns books especially the davinci code series
-very exciting and also interesting.

the hunger games series by suzanne collins
-yes i know this is the trendy book right now (better than twilight to me) but I think it is worth reading.

the time traveler's wife by audrey niffenegger
-i loved this book and movie, but heard lots didn't like the movie. i think you should read the book first it helps you follow the movie.

i have been interested in reading biographies lately, i don't know why all of the sudden but i have. just read about audrey hepburn and now want to read about marilyn monroe, her and audrey were in the same time frame.

i will be starting picture perfect by jodi picoult (author of my sisters keeper - also a good one) this weekend. i'm looking forward to having a love story to read over valentines.

feel free to share any book you've enjoyed reading!
hope you all have a happy valentines.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I have also enjoyed The Hunger Games, but I have not tried the others. Thanks for the suggestions. I always read about 5 books at a time, but have a hard time finishing them unless they really get me. When do you find the time to read? That has been my struggle lately.

garrett.arien said...

Hey Court - I sometimes read during Harper's nap if I don't have anything I need to do or at night before bed. Hopefully we'll see you guys at Grandma Lyon's party!