Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hazelyn Marjean Douglas

11-11-11
Last Friday was our Ultrasound appointment to find out the gender of our Baby. Garrett took the day off and took Harper and I to breakfast at Sill's Cafe (a local favorite). Our appointment was not until 3:30 so we spent the day getting things done around the house. I attempted to take a nap but that was not going to happen, too much excitement! Finally the time came, we took Harper to my Mom's then went to the doctors. I had so many emotions running through me, nervous, anxious, and thrilled, that at any moment I could have burst into tears. Well it didn't take long for those tears to come, it is amazing to see your unborn child and hear that we are going to have a healthy and beautiful baby GIRL!
At our last doctors appointment (14 1/2 weeks pregnant) our doctor did an ultrasound, she told us not to hold it to her but she thought it was a girl. So for a month we have somewhat known we were having a girl.
The name we picked for our sweet girl has much meaning, we have loved these names since before Harper was born. The name Hazel is a bit too popular for my liking even though I love the name, so we added Lyn. Her name is pronounced
Haze Lyn (2 syllables).
My mom's name is JoLyn so there is meaning behind Lyn. Marjean is both my Grandma's and Garrett's Grandma's name, although the spelling of Garr's Grandma is MarGene. We have known since we were married if we had a girl her middle name would be Marjean. We love and adore our Grandma's and are very proud to name our daughter after them.

Harper is very excited to be a big brother to a little sister. We couldn't wait to get back to him to tell him and show him pictures from the ultrasound. He talks about Hazelyn all the time, asks where she is, says her full name out of no where. He is going to be much help to me, I look forward to seeing him in his new role as a brother.
I am a bit obsessed shopping for a girl - it is a whole new world! We picked out a few newborn outfits for her and I've already ordered her bedding set. We decided we'd move Harper into what is now the toy room and put Hazelyn into Harper's room, hopefully without having to paint. So I started looking online to find bedding to match light blue walls and found the cutest set. Once I saw it I had to have it. I'm so excited for it to come and can't wait to fill her closet and get everything ready for a baby again.

I am very grateful to be pregnant with the sweet gift of a little girl. She is going to bring so much joy into our lives.
I love you Hazelyn and can't wait to hold you in my arms.


19 weeks








No comments: