Friday, February 17, 2012

Best Friends!

As time gets closer to Hazelyn's arrival, I wanted to express my love for my sweet Harper. Now, don't get me wrong I am ecstatic about having a little girl, and can't wait to build a friendship with her. I look forward to watching her grow, learn, and experience all the joys that come with being a Mother to a Daughter.
I have been very emotional about Harper not being "my baby" anymore. The relationship he and I share is priceless to me. I have never been more proud than to be his Mom, to teach him, to be his comfort, and watch him develop into everything and more that I dreamed my Son would be.
He truly is a GIFT sent from Heaven!
My day starts with him climbing into bed to snuggle, asking me if he can play with my hair. This is something he has done since he was very little, he notices if I've pulled my hair up during the day and requests for me to put it down so he can play with it. I will cherish this forever and love the comfort it brings to both of us!
Harper is the best HELPER and wants to be involved in everything I do throughout the day. I had to take a step back and realize this won't last forever, so I now slow down and let him help. We make meals together, do laundry, clean bathrooms, dust and anything else you can think of. Getting things done takes a lot longer but I enjoy his company and the teaching experience it is for him. He has become more independent as he plays, he is very creative with games and stories he makes up with his toys. I enjoy sitting, watching him play and always wonder what he is going to come up with next.
Harper is now in a big boy bed, and to no surprise had no problem adjusting to this change. I feel so lucky/blessed to have him in my life. There are days he is so tired he tells me he's ready to nap, climbs right into bed and is asleep in minutes. I'm so glad he loves to sleep like his Mama!
One of my favorite things about Harper is that he is a LISTENER! He gets this from his Dad. No matter what is going on around him, he is listening and remembers what he has heard. He does not FORGET anything and has a MEMORY that blows me away.
I could spend my entire day writing about my little man, and feel I have done a good job documenting his life through pictures and writing something about each day on a calendar to cherish forever!
Harper I love you through and through! You bring joy to me that I didn't know existed. I thank you for making me the happiest Mom and for being YOU!
"We'll always be friends forever, Yeah forever"







No comments: